On April 4, Marvel actor Robert Downey Jr., better known as “Iron Man,” is 58. From Let’s take a look at some lesser-known facts about the actor on this occasion.
Here are 6 Secrets of RDJ
- It’s hardly surprising that Robert Downey Jr. is an actor, given that he hails from a family of performers. His father, Robert Downey Sr., is a renowned actor and director, and his mother, Elsie Ann Ford, was also an actor.
- Robert began his acting career at an early age, playing the character of ‘Puppy’ in his father’s 1970 film ‘Pound’.
- Robert Downey Jr. has martial arts training. He holds a black belt in the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun kung fu. While he was in his early twenties, he began martial arts training and has continued ever since.
- In addition to being an actor, Robert is also a superb musician. He also performs on the guitar, piano, and drums. Even his own record, “The Futurist,” which he composed and produced, has been published. The CD includes eight original pop ballads and two covers.
- Robert Downey Jr. has battled drug use. He has been in and out of treatment numerous times and has been in multiple legal scrapes. In a new documentary named ‘Sr.’, Robert focuses on his filmmaker father and the influence his father had in his miserable upbringing. The video contains footage from an old interview, believed to have occurred in the 1990s, in which Downey Sr. admits he made “a terrible, foolish mistake” by exposing his son to narcotics at the age of six.
- Robert Downey Jr. is a philanthropist who has participated in a variety of charity initiatives. He has collaborated with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Stand Up to Cancer, and the Motion Picture & Television Fund.